UGA has been eliminated in the sweepstakes for 5-star Rashaan Evans.
The linebacker from Auburn, Ala., texted multiple reporters on Monday to let them know that his finalists were Auburn, Alabama and UCLA.
UGA was considered an early frontrunner for Evans, whose father played football at Auburn. The younger Evans reportedly wanted a change of scenery, which elevated UGA’s chances.
As recent as last week, Evans told Rivals.com’s Andrew Bone that he was setting up an official visit with UGA for Jan. 24.
What changed between Evans and UGA? Auburn’s (the heavy frontrunner) magical season had a lot to do with it, probably along with the departure of UGA’s defensive coordinator. It’s not necessarily that Evans felt a special connection with Todd Grantham, but it could’ve been too much change this close to signing day (Feb. 5).
However, as is proven every year, recruiting always changes by the minute in January.
If UGA hires a big-name replacement for Grantham, the Bulldogs could get back into the hunt with several elite recruits, including Evans and maybe bigger names.
SINCE YOU LAST VISITED THE BLOG!
- New UGA target will meet with Bulldog coaches … this weekend
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- REAX from UGA’s recruits on Todd Grantham, including Lorenzo Carter
- Georgia Tech pursuing Vanderbilt football commit??
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- Prospect ALERT: Clemson, South Carolina after late-bloomer
- Top Georgia prospect re-opens his recruitment
- UGA recruit reacts to resignation of Bulldogs coach
- “Coach Lak was my Dawg”
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games
- It’s South Carolina vs. UGA for 4-star defender