Posted: 12:35 am Tuesday, January 14th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
One Georgia prospect to watch over the next few weeks is Mike Rogers, the 3-star safety from Campbell High School.
Rogers has been committed to UCF since last summer, but has been hotly pursued by other colleges after a stellar senior season.
After thinking about it for a while, Rogers has decided to take a closer look at both Georgia Tech and Ohio State, according to high school. He has offers from both, and is mulling over visit dates.
Rogers’ mother talked to the AJC about the three schools:
- On Ohio State: “He’s a little torn. He loves Ohio State. He has wanted to play at Ohio State since he was nine years old. He has been following the Buckeyes for years and years and years. However, it is quite a distance and I’m not in favor of Ohio State because of the distance. We discussed it together. In the end, I just want what is best for him. Whatever he decides, that’s the ultimate decision. He is taking in consideration some of the things I’ve said about him going that far away from home with us not being able to give him the support that he needs. It’s nothing against Ohio State. I’m just not in favor of him going that far away from home with his first opportunity to be away from home for that long. Football is a physical sport, and having that whole change of atmosphere – I just think he needs to be closer to home.”
- Georgia Tech: “Georgia Tech is awesome. We visited once in the past, and I like Georgia Tech a lot. I like the whole educational piece that Georgia Tech has to offer. I’ve heard a lot of good things about their football program, and about the outcome of the guys who played for their football program, so I’m definitely in favor of Georgia Tech. But again, we’re going to make a decision as a family.”
- UCF: “It’s awesome. We have family in central Florida. My mother is there. My sister is there. So even in the event I’m not there for something, my mom or my sister or someone else very close to him is there and can help support him as well. It’s kind of his home away from home. We visited there a lot and have enjoyed it. I’ve done a lot of research on UCF, and I’m impressed.”
SINCE YOU LAST VISITED THE BLOG!
- New UGA target will meet with Bulldog coaches … this weekend
- Georgia Tech and Ohio State in top 3 for Atlanta DB
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- REAX from UGA’s recruits on Todd Grantham, including Lorenzo Carter
- Georgia Tech pursuing Vanderbilt football commit??
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- Prospect ALERT: Clemson, South Carolina after late-bloomer
- Top Georgia prospect re-opens his recruitment
- UGA recruit reacts to resignation of Bulldogs coach
- “Coach Lak was my Dawg”
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games
- It’s South Carolina vs. UGA for 4-star defender