Let the games begin.
The NCAA’s dead period ends at midnight on Wednesday — opening up the gate for three weeks of recruiting madness until the Feb. 5 signing day.
Not surprisingly, UGA and Florida won’t waste any time trying to make an impression on Lorenzo Carter, the state’s No. 1 overall prospect.
Both SEC schools (which are Carter’s co-leaders) are expected to have coaches at Norcross High School first thing at Thursday morning.
Florida is also rumored to be taking a look at Myles Autry, who is the Norcross WR-RB who missed most of his senior year while recovering from a major knee injury. He looked nearly 100-percent with two game-changing touchdowns in the state championship game.
Autry has set up official visits with both Georgia Tech (where his bother plays) and Florida State. He also happens to be best friends with Carter.
Could Carter and Autry be a package deal to FSU? Probably not, but you never know in the wacky world of recruiting. FSU appears to be on the outside, looking in.
But if Florida offers? That could raise the stakes in this high-profile recruiting battle for Carter. It could force UGA to take another close look at Autry.
Carter is scheduled to take official visits the next three weeks to LSU, FSU and UGA. He took his recruiting trip to Florida during the football season.
SINCE YOU LAST VISITED THE BLOG!
- Alabama’s Kirby Smart to see new UGA target
- NCAA “dead period” is over … where will UGA and GT coaches be?
- Top UGA recruit “inks” his loyalty to Bulldogs … risky to do before signing day?
- REAX from UGA recruits on expected hire of new defensive coordinator, including Lorenzo Carter
- Parody video for Alabama’s new coach … Lane Kiffin
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- New UGA target will meet with Bulldog coaches … this weekend
- Georgia Tech and Ohio State in top 3 for Atlanta DB
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- REAX from UGA’s recruits on Todd Grantham departure
- Georgia Tech pursuing Vanderbilt football commit??
AND MORE …
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- Prospect ALERT: Clemson, South Carolina after late-bloomer
- Top Georgia prospect re-opens his recruitment
- UGA recruit reacts to resignation of Bulldogs coach
- “Coach Lak was my Dawg”
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games
- It’s South Carolina vs. UGA for 4-star defender