Alvin Kamara is transferring from Alabama, the AJC’s Mr. Football 2012 confirmed himself via Twitter on Saturday.
Kamara played running back at Norcross High School, and signed with Alabama over UGA last February. He was ranked as the nation’s No. 1 all-purpose back
Kamara arrived at Alabama with astronomical expectations but had a rough six months there. Kamara had knee surgery during preseason practice, he was not allowed to practice with the team during LSU game week for what Alabama coach Nick Saban called “behavior reasons,” and he was suspended for the Sugar Bowl.
This past season, Kamara was red-shirted. He will have to sit out next season, and will have four years to play three seasons — unless Kamara makes a successful hardship appeal to the NCAA to play next season. Under terms of the Alabama scholarship release according to 247sports, Kamara can transfer to non-SEC schools and has expressed interest in talking to coaches from Clemson, FSU and UCLA, among others, if they’re interested.
Unfortunately, as expected, Kamara was hammered on Twitter by college football fans, causing some Alabama and UGA football players to rush to his defense.
NEWS FROM OVER THE WEEKEND!
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- UGA target names South Carolina as his leader, but, but …
- Video of evidence of Nick Saban doing the ELECTRIC SLIDE … say what???
- It could be a WILD, WILD finish in recruiting with Myles Autry … Georgia Tech and FSU are leaders but could Florida & UGA get involved because of Lorenzo Carter?
- RECAP of Georgia Tech’s BIGGEST recruiting weekend of the year
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
- Alvin Kamara transferring from Alabama, per report
- UGA and Alabama make late push for Atlanta football star
BUT. THERE’S. MORE.
- 1st BIG recruiting test for new UGA defensive coordinator
- Mark Richt courts … ex-UGA signee
- Will UGA offer other Tucker seniors? They’ve got two good ones available
- Alabama’s Kirby Smart to see new UGA target
- Top UGA recruit “inks” his loyalty to Bulldogs … risky to do before signing day?
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Georgia Tech offers four players in one day from Stephenson HS
- Georgia Tech and Ohio State in top 3 for Atlanta DB
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- Georgia Tech pursuing Vanderbilt football commit??
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games