- UPDATE: UGA dispatched two assistant coaches, including new defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, to visit the mother of Bryson Allen-Williams at work last Friday, according to a report by 247sports.com’s Rusty Mansell on Monday.
The mother of the state’s hottest prospect, Bryson Allen-Williams, has issued a statement regarding her son’s recruiting, via The Big Spur.
The 4-star linebacker from Cedar Grove High School has been committed to South Carolina since last spring, and took an official visit with the Gamecocks this weekend.
Allen-Williams told the AJC on Friday that he will take an official visit to Alabama next weekend, and he’s considering going to UGA on Jan. 31.
His mother, Darnisha Allen-Jackson, issued a statement on Sunday:
“Do not make this visit to Georgia something that is more than it is. Bryson is as solid as he can be to South Carolina. It is a free trip on Georgia’s dime. It is a free trip on Alabama’s dime. And as two coaches told me recently, you’ve got to understand if he has the opportunity to do well in the SEC, and he makes it to the next level, you never know who you’re going to run into, and he could run into one of these guys who may be a professional coach, and they’ll be like, ‘oh, this kid spurned me, this kid acted like a diva, or a prima donna with me.’
“However, I will say this, if he decides to take the Georgia visit, don’t take that to mean that he’s flipping to Georgia. This is not a Brendan Langley situation. I’ve just got to put that out there. This is not a Brendan Langley, this is not a Matt Rolin, it’s not all these other names that have been thrown out. Bryson is as solid as he can be to South Carolina.”
You can read more about Bryson Allen-Williams by clicking HERE
NEWS FROM OVER THE WEEKEND!
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- UGA target names South Carolina as his leader, but, but …
- Video of evidence of Nick Saban doing the ELECTRIC SLIDE … say what???
- It could be a WILD, WILD finish in recruiting with Myles Autry … Georgia Tech and FSU are leaders but could Florida & UGA get involved because of Lorenzo Carter?
- RECAP of Georgia Tech’s BIGGEST recruiting weekend of the year
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
- Alvin Kamara transferring from Alabama, per report
- UGA and Alabama make late push for Atlanta football star
BUT. THERE’S. MORE.
- 1st BIG recruiting test for new UGA defensive coordinator
- Mark Richt courts … ex-UGA signee
- Will UGA offer other Tucker seniors? They’ve got two good ones available
- Alabama’s Kirby Smart to see new UGA target
- Top UGA recruit “inks” his loyalty to Bulldogs … risky to do before signing day?
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Georgia Tech offers four players in one day from Stephenson HS
- Georgia Tech and Ohio State in top 3 for Atlanta DB
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- Georgia Tech pursuing Vanderbilt football commit??
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games