Alvin Kamara, the AJC’s Mr. Football for 2013, announced on Twitter that he was transferring from Alabama last weekend.
It’s still early, but Kamara has already generated some interest.
Clemson, Oklahoma State, UCLA and Arizona have put out feelers about Kamara, according to a person close to the situation.
“One thing now being looked at is whether or not he can enroll at another school for this semester. It may be too late. If so, then he’ll look at doing that in the summer.”
The former Norcross High School running back signed with Alabama over UGA last February. He got off to a rough start with the Crimson Tide, undergoing knee surgery in preseason practice, and then being suspended at least twice from the team during the season.
According to multiple reports, Kamara was granted a release to transfer to any non-SEC school.
Kamara could still play at an SEC school but he would have to attend a junior college to do that.
He could also be eligible to play next season if he decided to enroll at an FCS school (formerly NCAA Div. I-AA).
If Kamara transfers to another FBS school, he will have to sit out one season due to NCAA rules, unless he makes a successful hardship appeal.
This story was published at 1:18 a.m. Wednesday.
SINCE YOU LAST CHECKED THE BLOG …
- Revenge?? Todd Grantham trying to poach one of his UGA recruits … for Louisville
- Lorenzo Carter on meeting new UGA coach and the impression made on his parents, ranking his LSU trip, and why he’s changing FSU visit
- Arizona, UCLA, Clemson and Oklahoma St. inquire about Alabama RB transfer Alvin Kamara
- Will new UGA target visit Alabama this weekend? How did he like UGA trip?
- UGA turns to a familiar face for commit No. 17
- How to find out where Mark Richt and Paul Johnson are recruiting today … via Social Media
FROM OVER THE WEEKEND
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- UGA target names South Carolina as his leader, but, but …
- Video of evidence of Nick Saban doing the ELECTRIC SLIDE … say what???
- It could be a WILD, WILD finish in recruiting with Myles Autry … Georgia Tech and FSU are leaders but could Florida & UGA get involved because of Lorenzo Carter?
- RECAP of Georgia Tech’s BIGGEST recruiting weekend of the year
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
BUT. THERE’S. MORE.
- UGA and Alabama make late push for Atlanta football star
- 1st BIG recruiting test for new UGA defensive coordinator
- Will UGA offer other Tucker seniors? They’ve got two good ones available
- Top UGA recruit “inks” his loyalty to Bulldogs … risky to do before signing day?
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Georgia Tech offers four players in one day from Stephenson HS
- Georgia Tech and Ohio State in top 3 for Atlanta DB
- 5-star eliminates UGA
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games