Posted: 3:22 pm Saturday, January 25th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
- UPDATED: Miles Taylor confirmed to the AJC on Sunday that he made these comments to Eric Thompson of the independent website GTswarm.com: “Just let people know that from a players standpoint this is all a business to the coaches. GT was my 1st choice don’t get that wrong. Why go on this visit then? Well when it’s all a business to the coaches they forget about what they have and try to obtain more. Long story short don’t know if I was one of those guys come early fall. No communication for months what so ever. No coaches coming during open period to see you and you’re teammates. No relationship was formed. Like I said when I first committed I’m as committed to GT as long as they are committed to me. and I didn’t feel like it was there the commitment between the both of us. many people just look at the kids and put them at fault for decommitting and some of that is true but some of that is not true and it goes back to the coaches. Sorry for the news, I still have love for all the GT players and fans out there! stay blessed!”
One of Georgia Tech’s 2014 football recruits is on a “secret” visit to Iowa this weekend, according to multiple reports.
Miles Taylor, a 3-star safety from Washington, D.C., was Georgia Tech’s first commit for its 2014 football recruiting class. He picked the Yellow Jackets over Iowa, Temple and UMass last March.
Earlier this week, there was rampant speculation about Taylor’s status after one of Iowa’s top recruits tweeted that “We are going to have another Hawkeye on board soon!” Taylor denied the rumors to VoiceOfTheHawkeyes.com.
On Saturday, several websites reported that Taylor was indeed on an official visit to Iowa, less than two weeks before signing day.
JacketsOnline.com posted a story with the headline of “Miles of Trouble.”
— Adam Friedman (@RivalsFriedman) January 25, 2014
It’s common for every college to both lose and gain a few recruits over the final couple of weeks before signing day.
Last year, Georgia Tech had a total of five de-commits, including four in the last couple of weeks. On the positive side, the Yellow Jackets also added two in the last week last year.
For 2014, the Yellow Jackets have only lost one, RB Caleb Kinlaw, who flipped to Wisconsin.
UGA has five de-commits for its 2014 class.
Can't wait to put this jersey on!! pic.twitter.com/Rxqv0prj6w
— @CeejayLeggett7 (@CeejayLeggett7) January 25, 2014
SINCE YOU LAST CHECKED THE BLOG …
- Alabama loses top QB recruit … Mark Richt hits the road
- Georgia Tech recruit on “secret” visit to other school, per reports
- Will UGA’s late push work with top uncommitted prospect?
- Spurrier vs. Dabo Swinney … in a wresting match?
- Could Georgia Tech flip a UCF commit? It looks promising
- Who will Mark Richt hire as UGA’s new recruiting coordinator? Well …
- Revenge?? Todd Grantham trying to poach one of his UGA recruits … for Louisville
WHAT A WEEK
- Lorenzo Carter on meeting new UGA coach & ranking his LSU trip
- Arizona, UCLA, Clemson and OSU inquire about Alabama RB transfer Alvin Kamara
- How did new UGA target Tavon Ross like recruiting trip to Bulldogs?
- UGA turns to a familiar face for commit No. 17
- How to find out where Mark Richt and Paul Johnson are recruiting today … via Social Media
WHILE YOU DEFROST FROM THE COLD …
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- UGA target names South Carolina as his leader, but, but …
- It could be a WILD, WILD finish in recruiting with Myles Autry … Georgia Tech and FSU are leaders but could Florida & UGA get involved because of Lorenzo Carter?
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
BUT. THERE’S. MORE.
- UGA and Alabama make late push for Atlanta football star
- 1st BIG recruiting test for new UGA defensive coordinator
- Top UGA recruit “inks” his loyalty to Bulldogs … risky to do before signing day?
- Georgia Tech offers four players in one day from Stephenson HS
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games