AJ Bush, the quarterback who led Norcross High School to a state championship in Georgia’s largest classification, got a last-minute offer from Nebraska on Thursday.
The left-handed quarterback will leave on Friday morning for an official visit with Nebraska. He also has offers from Boston College and Cincinnati, among others, along with serious interest from Michigan and Arkansas.
“This morning, my coach said Nebraska and Michigan are interested,” Bush told the AJC. “I was also supposed to hear something from Arkansas. A couple of hours later, Nebraska called back and they said it was a go.”
What does Bush think about the Big Ten school? “I was always waiting for a school like Nebraska to offer me,” Bush said. “You don’t find many schools with the tradition, history and success like Nebraska. I feel like it’s the right place for me. The offense is a good fit for me. I would love to go to a school like that.
Does Bush think he will commit this weekend? “I’m leaning toward Nebraska. I will most likely commit there. I’d say there’s a 95-percent chance. We’ll see how everything goes when I get here.”
Bush transferred from Milton to Norcross before his senior season. He completed 139 of 259 passes for 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Bush is considered by scouts to be a raw and undeveloped talent with a good ceiling of potential. He passes all the eyeball tests with a frame of 6-foot-3 and 211 pounds.
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.
Please Follow me on Twitter @RecruitingAJC + Please be my Facebook friend here
ALL OF THIS JUST HAPPENED
- UGA gives final sales pitch to DB … Will it work?
- Mark Richt barely escapes being stuck in Atlanta snow while recruiting
- Recap of Mark Richt’s visit with Lorenzo Carter … why do parents have a “concern” about UGA?
- Georgia Tech coaches back on road after snow delays
- Junior-college standout to visit Georgia Tech
- Brother of ex-UGA football player commits to Bulldogs … on the spot
- UGA’s Mark Richt and GT’s Paul Johnson appear … at same HS on same day
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- “Hand-to-hand combat” between colleges for Lorenzo Carter (see the pic)
- New UGA targets emerging?
- Georgia Tech recruit flips to Iowa after “secret” visit
- Top Georgia recruit commits to Alabama
- Will UGA’s late push work with top uncommitted prospect?
- Who will Mark Richt hire as UGA’s new recruiting coordinator? Well …
- Lorenzo Carter on meeting new UGA coach & ranking his LSU trip
THERE’S MORE …
- How to find out where Mark Richt and Paul Johnson are recruiting today … via Social Media
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- UGA target names South Carolina as his leader, but, but …
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
- Record-breaking WR declines late UGA offer
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games
TO UNDERSTAND THE BIG PICTURE