Posted: 11:49 pm Sunday, February 2nd, 2014
By Michael Carvell
NEWS FROM THE LAST FEW HOURS …
- There’s 95% chance … UGA commit will stick with Bulldogs
- UGA appears to have landed … commit No. 19
- Potential shocker? UGA emerges as top contender with Andrew Williams
- UGA may lose recruit for … non-football reasons
- South Carolina commit says UGA “put a lot in my head” … Will he flip?
- Could 3 (not 2) UGA commits flip to other schools??
- State’s No. 1 prospect for 2015 to commit … on Wednesday
Could UGA lose three 2014 commitments on Wednesday?
That’s one possible unsettling scenario after two longtime UGA commits took official visits to other schools on the final weekend before signing day. Another one told Rivals.com that he is considering switching to South Florida or Louisville.
Safety Kendall Gant, who has been committed to UGA since last summer, made a “secret” official visit to Marshall, according to 247sports.com’s Kipp Adams.
If Gant flipped from UGA to Marshall, it wouldn’t be surprising because he was recruited to UGA by former defensive coordinator Todd Grantham. Gant has also kept a mysteriously low profile lately.
Marshall can also accept NCAA partial qualifiers, but I don’t have access to Gant’s transcript to speculate about that.
The big one UGA fans are worried about is defensive tackle Lamont Gaillard of Fayetteville, N.C. He’s a priority for the Bulldogs, with Mark Richt making an in-home visit last week in an attempt to secure the situation.
When Gaillard decided to take a last-minute trip to Miami this weekend, many Bulldogs fans simply dismissed it as the kid wanting to have fun.
However, it got serious when Gaillard was interviewed by Scout.com’s Chad Simmons upon his return from Miami. Rather than confirm his commitment to UGA, Gaillard said he will have to talk things over with his family and coaches, and know something by Wednesday.
Gaillard is the kid with gigantic “Georgia Bulldogs” tattoos on both forearms.
- UPDATED: Longtime UGA WR Gilbert Johnson of Miami told Rivals.com that he will decide between the Bulldogs, South Florida and Louisville on Wednesday.
On another note, UGA could flip at least one kid committed another school, maybe two. And who knows what will happen by Wednesday?
You can view the rest of UGA’s Big Board (updated as new happens) by clicking HERE.
- UPDATE: Scout.com has officially changed the commitment status of Gaillard and Gant to “soft verbal.”
OVER THE WEEKEND
- Recap of UGA’s final recruiting weekend
- Junior college player reveals secret college decision on … Instagram
- Some of the funniest recruiting pictures you will EVER see …
- He’s Baaad! Lorenzo Carter sinks game-winning shot, leaves for UGA visit
- Bad news for UGA and … good news for South Carolina??
- Top Georgia DT expected to take last-minute visit to UGA
SOME OF YOUR FAVORITES
- The night Mark Richt almost spent the night on a recruit’s sofa
- Why do Lorenzo Carter’s parents have a “concern” about UGA?
- Brother of ex-UGA football player commits to Bulldogs … on the spot
- “Hand-to-hand combat” between colleges for Lorenzo Carter (see the pic)
- Top Georgia recruit commits to Alabama
- Who will Mark Richt hire as UGA’s new recruiting coordinator? Well …
- Recruit’s mother issues statement … about UGA and Alabama
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
- UGA QB signee shakes off his struggles in all-star games
TO UNDERSTAND THE BIG PICTURE