Posted: 12:06 pm Friday, February 7th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
Here are video interviews, courtesy of the Miami Herald, with a couple of UGA recruits of interest.
The first is with Isaiah McKenzie, the tiny 5-foot-8 wide receiver from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., who Mark Richt called a “stick of dynamite.” McKenzie got offered by UGA two days before signing day, and picked the Bulldogs over Ole Miss and Virginia Tech. He was a former Notre Dame commitment. A big factor in McKenzie’s UGA decision was that his high school teammate and best buddy, 5-star RB Sony Michel, signed with the Bulldogs.
This is an interview with Gilbert Johnson, a wide receiver from Miami who committed to UGA last summer at Mark Richt camp. Johnson scared a lot of UGA fans by telling Rivals.com a few days before signing day that he was going to pick UGA, South Florida or Louisville. He ended up with the Bulldogs.
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS …
- Missouri coaches take pride in “fending off” UGA for Georgia recruits
- UGA signee Isaiah McKenzie talks about last-minute decision to Bulldogs
- Boom! Florida Gators get some “Deja Vu” on recruiting trail
- This year’s best story from National Signing Day
FROM SIGNING DAY
- Georgia’s No. 1 prospect for 2015 commits to Clemson over Ohio State
- UGA kicked off signing day with 2 big surprises
- HS coach claims UGA “pulled offer” from longtime DB commit
- Former UGA football player signed with … Alabama
- Some of the funniest recruiting pictures you will EVER see …
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- The night Mark Richt almost spent the night on a recruit’s sofa
- The recruiting picture that everyone is talking about
- Who will Mark Richt hire as UGA’s new recruiting coordinator? Well …
- Catching the BIG one! 5-star commits to UGA
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.
Please Follow me on Twitter @RecruitingAJC + Please be my Facebook friend here