Every year a little-known junior from Georgia participates in the RisingSeniors.com all-star football game, and rockets to recruiting stardom.
A couple of years ago, it was Milton High School defensive end Carl Lawson who went into the game with no offers and blew away the competition. He was later bombarded with college scholarship offers, ended up ranked as the nation’s No. 2 overall prospect by ESPN, and signed with Auburn.
This year’s biggest surprise at the RisingSeniors game was Jayson Stanley, a 6-foot-, 205-pound wide receiver at Creekside High School. He dominated the practices and caught two long touchdowns in the game.
You don’t have to be a college coach to know he’s something special. One scout called Stanley “a combination of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin.”
It’s a special year in Georgia with WR Preston Williams but I’d put Stanley at No. 2.
Stanley has early offers from UNC Charlotte and Marshall, but you can expect to things to catch on fire over the next month.
- Could UGA be his next offer? Stanley said the Bulldogs “talk amazing over the phone.”
- What about Georgia Tech? His father played football for the Yellow Jackets.
- Which Clemson player does Jayson idolize?
- Which schools would he love to be evaluated by?
Stanley talks about that and more in the above video.
UPDATE: After Jayson taped this video, he got offers from Auburn and Kentucky. Buckle up for a wild spring for this kid.
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS …
- Did UGA recruit too well at RB? Nation’s No. 1 for 2015 gives candid answer
- Lifelong UGA fan waits for offer from Bulldogs … is it too late?
- Could Alvin Kamara come back to SEC to play against his former team, Alabama?
- What would it take for state’s No. 1 WR to flip from Tennessee? Since you asked …
- UGA FLIPS South Carolina commit on Junior Day
POST-SIGNING DAY NEWS
- Drug felony charges to be dropped against top Auburn football recruit
- High marks for Ole Miss with post-Nkemdiche recruiting
- FINAL LOOK at UGA’s 2014 class: Signees, late additions and close calls
- Does Mark Richt take it personally when a kid flips from UGA?
- Candid Q&A with Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson
- Top OL names UGA in his top 3
AND THERE’S MORE
- Steve Spurrier defies old age on the recruiting trail … the Ageless Ball Coach?
- The UGLY aftermath of an Auburn-Alabama recruiting war
- Which are out-of-state schools are raiding Georgia for elite talent?
- Rodney Garner overcomes “negative recruiting” to flip kid from UGA to Auburn
- This year’s best story from National Signing Day
- Georgia’s No. 1 prospect for 2015 commits to Clemson over Ohio State
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.