Lovejoy High School wide receiver Preston Williams was easily the best player among an elite group of talented prospects at Sunday’s Adidas Showcase.
Williams has a rare combination of size (6-foot-5, 200 pounds) and speed that makes college scouts drool.
He also is coming off a ridiculous junior season, including catching four touchdowns in one game. He finished with 56 catches for 1,402 yards and 14 touchdowns in the state’s largest classification.
One sportswriter wrote, “Is Lovejoy WR Preston Williams the best in the nation?”
It’s a fair question.
His coach at Lovejoy has put several players in the NFL (including Tashard Choice) called Williams “the best player he’s ever coached.”
I’d say he’s probably the state’s best WR prospect since Da’Rick Rogers was No. 1 in the Class of 2010.
Back to Preston Williams: He got offers from Alabama and many others as a sophomore. He committed to Tennessee last September and said on Sunday that he’s “100 percent” with the Volunteers.
However, he plans to visit UGA soon and Florida next week.
And he gave a very, very interesting answer in the video when he was asked what it would take for another school to get him away from Tennessee? (See above video)
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS …
- Did UGA recruit “too good” at RB? Nation’s No. 1 for 2015 gives candid answer
- Lifelong UGA fan waits for offer from Bulldogs … is it too late?
- Could Alvin Kamara come back to SEC to play against his former team, Alabama?
- What would it take for state’s No. 1 WR to flip from Tennessee? Since you asked …
- UGA FLIPS South Carolina commit on Junior Day
POST-SIGNING DAY NEWS
- Drug felony charges to be dropped against top Auburn football recruit
- High marks for Ole Miss with post-Nkemdiche recruiting
- FINAL LOOK at UGA’s 2014 class: Signees, late additions and close calls
- Does Mark Richt take it personally when a kid flips from UGA?
- Candid Q&A with Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson
- Top OL names UGA in his top 3
AND THERE’S MORE
- Steve Spurrier defies old age on the recruiting trail … the Ageless Ball Coach?
- The UGLY aftermath of an Auburn-Alabama recruiting war
- Which are out-of-state schools are raiding Georgia for elite talent?
- Rodney Garner overcomes “negative recruiting” to flip kid from UGA to Auburn
- This year’s best story from National Signing Day
- Georgia’s No. 1 prospect for 2015 commits to Clemson over Ohio State
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.