Could UGA make a late addition to this year’s football recruiting class?
Earlier this month, the Bulldogs signed 21 players for their 2014 football recruiting class. They had space for a couple of more, if needed.
If you recall two weeks after signing day last year, UGA made a late addition with Toby Johnson, the defensive tackle from Hutchinson junior college.
In March of 2009, UGA signed kicker Brandon Bogotay out of a California junior college.
Could the Bulldogs make a late addition this year?
“It would be a surprise to me,” UGA coach Mark Richt told the AJC on Thursday. “We’re not really actively pursing anybody right now, but things pop up. We may have space. Space gets created sometimes. So it’s possible, I guess.”
If UGA added another recruit this year, it would most likely be a junior-college player.
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Georgia’s newest 5-star on his Twitter exchanges with Mark Richt
- Atlanta DB “not committed” to Tennessee after “miscommunication”
- Did UGA recruit too well at RB? Nation’s No. 1 for 2015 gives candid answer
- Lifelong UGA fan waits for offer from Bulldogs … is it too late?
- Could Alvin Kamara come back to SEC to play against his former team, Alabama?
- What would it take for state’s No. 1 WR to flip from Tennessee? Since you asked …
- UGA FLIPS South Carolina commit on Junior Day
POST-SIGNING DAY NEWS
- Drug felony charges to be dropped against top Auburn football recruit
- High marks for Ole Miss with post-Nkemdiche recruiting
- FINAL LOOK at UGA’s 2014 class: Signees, late additions and close calls
- Does Mark Richt take it personally when a kid flips from UGA?
- Candid Q&A with Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson
- Top OL names UGA in his top 3
AND THERE’S MORE
- Steve Spurrier defies old age on the recruiting trail … the Ageless Ball Coach?
- The UGLY aftermath of an Auburn-Alabama recruiting war
- Which are out-of-state schools are raiding Georgia for elite talent?
- Rodney Garner overcomes “negative recruiting” to flip kid from UGA to Auburn
- This year’s best story from National Signing Day
- Georgia’s No. 1 prospect for 2015 commits to Clemson over Ohio State
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.