How does Mark Richt feel about UGA’s 2015 recruiting class so far?
The Bulldogs are off to a good start with five commitments of high school juniors, led by 5-star athlete Terry Godwin of Callaway High School. The number is expected to double to 10 or more by the end of April.
Richt couldn’t comment on specific recruits due to NCAA rules, but he gave his general feelings about how things were going with UGA’s start for 2015 in an interview with the AJC.
“I think we’re doing a good job of getting our evaluations done as quickly as possible and as efficiently as possible,” he said. “We’re getting some offers out, and I think Georgia is a great place.
“I think there’s a lot of excitement with our staff, not just defensively but offensively. Athens is a beautiful place. You can get a great education at the University of Georgia. It’s a stable environment. I think people like that.”
One of UGA’s top overall targets, McEachern offensive lineman Chuma Edoga, is expected to make an unofficial visit with the Bulldogs this weekend. Edoga, who will likely reach 5-star status in the rankings, had named Tennessee as his leader a few weeks ago, with UGA and USC as tied for second.
On Friday, UGA was also active on the recruiting trail, shipping out offers to defensive end Michael Barnett of Woodland, S.C., and offensive lineman Matthew Burrell of Hylton, Va., according to Twitter reports.
Meanwhile, Georgia Tech has one commitment for 2015, offensive lineman Will Bryan of Franklin County High School.
Back to Chuma Edoga: He answered some recruiting questions from fans via Twitter:
- How does Mark Richt feel about 2015 class so far?
- Q&A with Tennessee coach Butch Jones
- Miami weathers the storm of “negative recruiting”
- Will UGA use “Dream Team” recruiting pitch again?
- Mark Richt on why time was right for new UGA Recruiting Coordinator
- Georgia’s newest 5-star on his Twitter exchanges with UGA coach
SOME OF YOUR RECENT FAVORITES
- Atlanta DB “not committed” to Tennessee after “miscommunication”
- Did UGA recruit too well at RB? Nation’s No. 1 for 2015 gives candid answer
- What would it take for state’s No. 1 WR to flip from Tennessee? Since you asked …
- UGA FLIPS South Carolina commit on Junior Day
- Candid Q&A with Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson
- Steve Spurrier defies old age on the recruiting trail … the Ageless Ball Coach?
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.