Posted: 7:20 pm Sunday, April 6th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
Roquan Smith, who is ranked as the No. 6 outside linebacker in the nation, made an unofficial visit to UGA over the weekend.
The 4-star from Macon County High School got to meet UGA’s new linebacker coach Mike Ekeler this weekend, and he talked again with new Bulldogs defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Smith also got to hang out with one of his buddies, Westover High School defensive tackle Trenton Thompson, who is the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect and lists UGA as his longtime favorite.
Back to Roquan Smith: He gave a thumbs up to his unofficial visit to UGA, and explained why in the video. He hasn’t yet named a top five list of schools, but did reveal to the AJC that UGA will be one of his official visits.
Smith was an observer at Sunday’s MVP camp at Lovejoy High School.
Check out his review of the UGA visit in the video.
- LB Roquan Smith reviews UGA visit
- UGA makes rare football offer to HS freshman
- Mark Richt has fun with ESPN tweet
- Pack of all-star QBs visit UGA
- 5 reasons Georgia Tech has a chance to sign nation’s No. 1 football recruit
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Which UGA hand-drawn portrait of recruits is the best?
- Auburn coach Guz Malzahn reviews the arrest of another Auburn recruit
- 5 things to know about Georgia Tech’s QB of the future
- LSU’s Les Miles explains his recruiting of middle schoolers
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- Smack talk after showdown between top recruits from UGA and Clemson
- Urban Meyer reflects on baseball career with Atlanta Braves
- The one recruiting rule almost all coaches support
- Mark Richt: “Be Careful What We Ask For”
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.