The early frontrunner to be the state’s top high school prospect at QB for 2016 is Logan Byrd.
The 6-foot-3,215-pounder a sophomore at Veterans High School, a new school located just below Warner Robins.
Byrd has six early offers, including N.C. State, Duke, Marshall and Illinois.
He recently made an unofficial visit to UGA and met with offensive coordinator Mike Bobo (see below). Byrd also made trips last week to Tennessee (his father’s alma mater), UNC and South Carolina.
Byrd talks about UGA in the above video.
- The story behind UGA’s big recruiting win
- Atlanta LB recaps Alabama visit and meeting Nick Saban, “the god of college football”
- Georgia QB reflects on UGA and Tennessee visits
- LB Roquan Smith reviews UGA visit
- UGA makes rare football offer to HS freshman
SOME OF YOUR FAVORITES
- Mark Richt has fun with ESPN tweet
- 5 reasons Georgia Tech has a chance to sign nation’s No. 1 football recruit
- Which UGA hand-drawn portrait of recruits is the best?
- LSU’s Les Miles explains his recruiting of middle schoolers
- Urban Meyer reflects on baseball career with Atlanta Braves
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.