Posted: 11:00 pm Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
The state’s No. 2 basketball prospect is back on the free-agent market.
Ahmed Hill, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Aquinas high school, tweeted on Wednesday night that he has de-committed from Marquette.
Hill signed with Marquette last fall but decided to re-open his recruiting after coach Buzz Williams was recently hired away by Virginia Tech.
The 4-star was granted a release from his letter of intent after talking with new Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski, according to multiple media outlets.
What about UGA and Georgia Tech? UGA has filled both of its available scholarships for this year when it signed two bigs on Wednesday. Georgia Tech has an open slot, but may have filled the need by signing shooting guard Tadric Jackson in the early period.
One possible destination for Hill may be Missouri, which signed the state’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2014, Effingham County High School power forward JaKeenan Gant. Hill and Gant are best buddies from AAU basketball.
Of course, the most popular prediction is that Hill will follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech.
- UGA offers 2 more players off state HS football powerhouse (that’s 4 total … and coach?)
- Top RB looks closely at UGA and Georgia Tech
- UGA’s Mark Fox cites “progress” in recruiting Atlanta … do you agree?
AND THERE’S MORE
- Nation’s top QB reflects on flipping from Bama to USC
- The story behind UGA’s big recruiting win
- Atlanta LB recaps Alabama visit and meeting Nick Saban, “the god of college football”
- UGA makes rare football offer to HS freshman
SOME OF YOUR FAVORITES
- Which UGA hand-drawn portrait of recruits is the best?
- LSU’s Les Miles explains his recruiting of middle schoolers
- Urban Meyer reflects on baseball career with Atlanta Braves
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.