Posted: 11:45 pm Thursday, April 17th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
Georgia Tech will host some of the state’s top football prospects for Friday night’s spring game.
Brandon Sandifer, a 3-star offensive guard from Northside-Warner Robins High School, will be making his first trip to Georgia Tech since attending the Alabama State game last fall.
“I just want to see how it is,” Sandifer told the AJC. “It’s pretty close to home. I’m just getting over there to see what it’s like.”
The 6-foot-4, 335-pound Sandifer has seen his recruiting pick up over the last month after a slow start. He’s up to 10 offers, including Alabama, Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Florida. He claims no favorites.
Georgia Tech was one of the first to offer him.
“I guess they liked my film,” Sandifer said. “I haven’t really talked to any coaches. They talk to my dad. I have no idea what position they want me at; probably guard.
“I like Georgia Tech because of the offense they run. It’s pretty unique and different. And it’s pretty successful.”
Some other top 2015 prospects who have confirmed that they will be at Georgia Tech:
- RB Kawon Bryant, North Oconee
- DB Arrington Farrar, Woodward (committed to Stanford)
- OL Will Bryant, Franklin County (committed to Georgia Tech)
- RB Josh Thomas, Buford
- WR Harland Howell, Wheeler
- RB Mikell Lands-Davis, Alexander
- OL Nick Polino, Buford
- K Ian Shannon, Marietta
- LB Daniel Fennell, Grayson
- TE Sam Dobbs, Landmark Christian
- OLB Nick Dawson, ELCA
- OL Randy Robinson, Lovejoy
- QB Jaylend Ratliffe, Scotland, N.C. (committed to Georgia Tech)
Most of the 2014 signees will be there. Some who have confirmed are OL Andrew Marshall, DE Tyler Merriweather, OL Jake Whitley, OL Jake Stickler, OL-DL Michael Preddy, DB Lance Austin, DB Lawrence Austin, and WR Qua Searcy.