Cedar Grove High School defensive tackle Quentez Johnson, who committed to Miami last week, has backed off his pledge.
The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder tweeted out the news:
“I am no longer committed to the University of Miami. I love Miami and the staff but I feel as if I rushed into a decision. I need more time and I need to take more visits because this is one of the most important decisions in my life. Sorry for all the hype. I hope you guys can understand.”
Johnson is a 3-star prospect with around 20 early scholarship offers, including Georgia Tech and Georgia State.
THE LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.