Posted: 11:52 am Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
UGA will get another chance to make another impression on Chuma Edoga, the 5-star offensive lineman who committed to USC over the Bulldogs last month.
The McEachern High School standout told the AJC on Tuesday he has changed his mind about taking all five official visits next fall – instead he will only take two recruiting trips, going to USC and UGA.
In the video, Edoga gives a detailed answer about why he picked USC, what type of communication he’s had with UGA since then, why he will visit the Bulldogs, and what it will take to change his mind.
Edoga’s visit could give UGA some much-needed momentum among recruiting the state’s elite offensive linemen. This is one of Georgia’s best crops ever at the position, including two 5-stars (Edoga and North Gwinnett’s Mitch Hyatt, who is committed to Clemson).
However, while it’s early, it appears that most of the state’s elite offensive linemen will be going out of state for college, including Mays High School’s Dallas Warmack (committed to Alabama), Mill Creek High School’s Kaleb Kim (Auburn), Sprayberry High School’s Bailey Sharp (Auburn) and Coffee High School’s Cole Minshew (FSU), among others.
Here’s the interview with Chuma Edoga:
THE LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.