Posted: 12:06 pm Tuesday, May 13th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
Julian Rochester is the early frontrunner to be the state’s No. 1 college football prospect for 2016.
The 6-foot-5, 280-pound defensive tackle from McEachern High School is rated as Georgia’s top high school sophomore in the 247sports.com composite rankings.
Rochester missed Tuesday’s spring practice at McEachern due to a minor shoulder injury he suffered last week during drills. It’s not believed to be a serious injury but the coaches held him out as a precaution.
Rochester spoke the with AJC about his top four schools, which includes UGA:
THE LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.