Posted: 11:59 pm Wednesday, May 14th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
Natrez Patrick, who is rated as the state’s No. 9 overall college football prospect, just laughed when asked about what he thought about 25 of 25 recruiting experts projecting him to sign with UGA in the 247sports.com’s Crystal Ball predictions.
The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder from Mays High School will announce between UGA, Alabama, Auburn, and Ole Miss during his team’s spring game on Friday.
“I don’t know how they can make that assumption,” Patrick said. “I guess it’s based on how long UGA has been after me. I really don’t know.
“There may be some people surprised on Friday.
“Or there may not.”
The 4-star is being recruited by UGA at outside linebacker and said he has been told by all four finalists that he is their No. 1 prospect on the board at his position. He wants to study to be a physical therapist.
What will be the deciding factor on Friday? “I’m just praying about it to God,” he said. “I’ve going to let God lead the way. Whichever place I get an answer from, that’s where I’m going.”
Here’s Patrick on his four finalists:
- Alabama: “Of course, they are one of the top schools in the nation. If you get an offer from them, they should always be one of your top choices. They’ve been showing a lot of interest.” His Mays teammate is offensive lineman Dallas Warmack. What about the rumors on them being a package deal to Alabama? “Honestly, we’ve always talked about playing together in college. But at the end of the day, we’ve got to make whatever is the best decision for each of us, even if it means going to different places.”
- UGA: “They’ve been in this recruiting process with me for a long time. They were one of the first schools to offer me. They’ve been showing strong interest since the beginning, and they’ve kept showing strong interest. That let me know I was really a priority with them.”
- Ole Miss: “I like them because they surprised me. I wasn’t expecting to like it so much when I visited. It was a great experience. I liked it.
- Auburn: “I just love the way they recruit. They send a lot of mail. They show a lot of interest every time I go over there. It’s a very home-like environment. I feel like I’m at home there.”
And why does Patrick want to commit now? Because he’s so highly ranked, he’s one of the few 2015 prospects who can hold out until next year’s signing day if he wanted (most can’t).
“I definitely wanted to do it before the season started,” he said. “I didn’t want to think about it during my senior season of high school football. Because my season comes first, so I just wanted to get it out of the way.”
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Nick Saban on recruiting allegation: “Kiss my @$$”
- College writes recruiting letter to a CAT … owned by QB prospect
- Nation’s No. 1 JC RB commits to Auburn … but will visit Alabama
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.