For being such a highly-rated recruit, Taj Griffin has kept an extremely low profile.
Griffin is rated as the nation’s No. 1 all-purpose running back, according to the 247sports.com composite rankings.
A couple of weeks ago, the rising senior from McEachern High School decided to go ahead and reveal his college decision. There was no press conferences, no TV cameras and no table of baseball caps.
The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder simply announced on Twitter that he was committing to Oregon. That was it.
He also considered Clemson and UGA, among others.
Since then, Griffin has eluded the media better than would-be tacklers.
Griffin gave a rare interview to the AJC this week, addressing several topics:
- Why Oregon?
- Which school finished school to Oregon?
- Why commit now?
- Will his brother join him at Oregon?
Note: Griffin’s older brother, freshman quarterback Ty Griffin, has left Georgia Tech’s football team, a spokesperson for the ACC school has confirmed to the AJC. Could Ty join his younger brother at Oregon as a walk-on or scholarship player? Taj and Ty were pictured together at Oregon last week while on an unofficial visit … Also, after we finished taping the video, I asked Taj Griffin if he will take any other official visits next fall other than Oregon. “No, sir,” was his reply.
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.