Rice University came up with a creative way to catch the attention of a top football prospect.
This week, Rice co-offensive coordinator Billy Lynch, sent a recruiting letter to a … cat.
This is a true story.
The cat is owned by Texas quarterback J.T. Granato, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Joseph Duarte.
So Rice sent a letter addressed to “Kitty” Granato. Here’s what Lynch wrote:
“As you know we’re trying to convince J.T. Rice is the place for him. I know you’d like to keep him close so he can feed you and change the litter box. Please help us to get him to choose us. Paw me if you have any questions.”
If you thought this was some kind of cat and mouse act, think again. Curiosity must’ve killed the cat because … it worked.
On Thursday night, Granato let the cag out of the bag by committing to Rice.
- Nick Saban on recruiting allegation: “Kiss my @$$”
- College writes recruiting letter to a CAT … owned by QB prospect
- Nation’s No. 1 JC RB commits to Auburn … but will visit Alabama
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.