Nick Saban wasn’t happy when asked about an allegation by former West Virginia quarterback Pat White that he “turned down a Corvette” from Alabama during his recruitment.
It happened at an Alabama booster club meeting in Nashville on Thursday night. A local reporter asked a vague question about the claim, which has been all over message boards — and he was interrupted by an Alabama spokesman who pointed out that Saban was not Alabama’s coach when White was recruited.
But Saban responded anyways — with profanity.
“I didn’t even know it happened,” he said. “So I can’t comment on it. … Is that the best thing we can talk about? … kiss my _ _ _.”
The controversy was kicked off earlier in the week by current Alabama running back Derrick Henry, who posted an Instagram picture of himself in front of his new car, a Dodge Challenger. (UGA fans likely remember the 5-star recruit who was committed to the Bulldogs for more than a year but eventually flipped to Alabama)
Back to the story: Then White, who is now playing QB for the CFL’s Edmonton Eskimos, shared a picture of Henry and his ride on his Facebook page, adding the comment: “Stop pretending like you didn’t know the crimson tide has been doing this for year. Still glad I turned down a Corvette to become a mountaineer.”
THE LATEST NEWS
- Nick Saban on recruiting allegation: “Kiss my @$$”
- College writes recruiting letter to a CAT … owned by QB prospect
- Nation’s No. 1 JC RB commits to Auburn … but will visit Alabama
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.