Posted: 8:20 pm Tuesday, May 27th, 2014
By Michael Carvell
- UPDATE: Parker McLeod’s father told the AJC on Wednesday that a report about his son transferring to Oregon State is untrue. “No destination finalized yet.”
Who will be the replacement for A.J. McCarron at Alabama?
You can probably take the name of rising sophomore Parker McLeod of Walton High School out of the running.
Alabama coach Nick Saban told reporters at Tuesday’s SEC meetings that McLeod has been given permission to seek a transfer opportunity.
The 6-foot-3 McLeod signed with Alabama over Oklahoma State as a senior at Walton, along with his highly-publicized high school teammate, running back Tyren Jones.
Neither McLeod or Jones appeared in a game for Alabama last season.
- Blame the NCAA for unfair restrictions on transfer that are evil, spiteful, and flat-out wrong
- Rewind: Cousin signed with UGA to play with Josh Harvey-Clemons but now …
- Rewind: No. 1 DE admits he would’ve followed Rodney Garner to UGA
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- UGA doesn’t put ANY transfer restrictions on players … wants what is best for student-athletes
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.