Could Georgia Tech add another member to its 2014 football recruiting class?
Former SMU signee Shaun Kagawa from Hawaii was on an official visit to Georgia Tech’s campus on Wednesday, according to JacketsOnline.com’s Kelly Quinlan.
Kagawa is a 5-foot-11, 188-pound cornerback from Hawaii’s Big Island who originally committed to Army, and enrolled in prep school there last year.
Then he left the prep school “because it wasn’t for me” and signed with SMU over North Texas last February, according to bigislandnow.com.
JacketsOnline reported that Kagawa was granted a release from his letter of intent with SMU.
Georgia Tech has signed 21 players for its 2014 class.
- Blame the NCAA for unfair restrictions on transfer that are evil, spiteful, and flat-out wrong
- Rewind: Cousin signed with UGA to play with Josh Harvey-Clemons but now …
- Rewind: No. 1 DE admits he would’ve followed Rodney Garner to UGA
SOME OF YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITES
- UGA doesn’t put ANY transfer restrictions on players … wants what is best for student-athletes
- Rewind: Religious beliefs of UGA, Auburn & Clemson coaches made a difference
- Rewind: Bryson Allen-Williams on whirlwind finish with S.C., Bama & UGA
- Rewind: Georgia Tech’s top signee nearly went to FSU but switched at last minute
- Rewind: UGA signee lacked drama for a 5-star but ..
- Rewind: UGA’s Lorenzo Carter nearly signed with LSU
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.