- UPDATE: We’ll post updates on Jaylend Ratlifffe’s medical condition below this blog via Twitter. The tweets will be posted in chronological order so you can follow the progress.
Jaylend Ratliffe, who is committed to play quarterback at Georgia Tech, suffered a serious head injury in an ATV accident on Tuesday, according to multiple reports.
Ratliffe suffered a fractured skull and was flown by helicopter to Charlotte for further medical treatment, per fayobserver.com’s Earl Vaughan Jr. “Ratliffe and some other members of the Scotland football team were riding ATVs at an undetermined location in Laurinburg (N.C.), the source said. Reportedly, the driver lost control of the vehicle he and Ratliffe were on and when the driver tried to correct, the ATV flipped and threw the riders off.”
The website also reported that Ratliffe is suffering from bleeding on brain and will likely undergo surgery.
Ratliffe led Scotland High School to an appearance in last year’s state championship game in North Carolina.
Check back for updates.
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.