Does UGA have a few “secret commitments” out there?
Mark Richt seemed to indicate that based on the comments he made on his Monday night radio show, per Dawg247’s Gentry Estes.
“I think there’s a few guys that are pretty much settled on being Bulldogs,” Richt said. “They just haven’t said it yet publicly. But it’s a long season, and a lot of things happen.”
“Secret commitments” are recruits who have privately told a coach that they will be committing to their college but they haven’t revealed that decision publicly yet. They could be holding off because they want to announce on national TV at an all-star game, or they want to take some official visits elsewhere first, or their parents won’t let them yet, etc.
Then again, in a few circumstances because of pressure, a kid could be telling multiple schools that he is “secretly” committed to them. This reportedly happened with Montravius Adams, who had coaches from UGA, Alabama and Clemson thinking he was coming there before signing with Auburn at the last minute.
Which “secret commitments” could Richt be talking about for UGA? Some of the top remaining targets for the Bulldogs are:
- Greater Atlanta Christian WR Darius Slayton
- Macon County LB Roquan Smith
- OL Emanuel McGirt of Durham, N.C.
- Lakeside-Evans DB Rashad Roundtree
- Greater Atlanta Christian DB Micah Abernathy
- DB Tarvarus McFadden of Plantation, Fla.
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.