There’s not another junior in Georgia with the natural size, raw athleticism, and ceiling of potential as Julian Rochester.
And that’s why the 6-foot-5, 300-pound defensive tackle from McEachern High School is rated as the state’s No. 1 prospect for next year, per the 247sports composite rankings. (His top spot will be challenged this spring by another defensive tackle, Lanier High School’s Derrick Brown)
When Rochester is motivated, he can take over a game. We saw flashes of it in the first quarter of the RisingSeniors.com junior all-star game last month.
Rochester is tight-lipped about recruiting, but opened up a little in the below video …
THE LATEST RECRUITING HEADLINES
- California QB to visit UGA this week but …
- Nick Saban catches heat for signing ex-UGA player accused of domestic violence
- Who is state’s hottest prospect?? Easy
- Brother of UGA RB Keith Marshall to visit … Georgia Tech
- Reaction from 5-star Terry Godwin and others on new UGA OC
- 10 questions with Van Jefferson: Is it still 50/50 for UGA after new OC?
SO MUCH HAPPENING … DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Senior film of WR/DB Brad Stewart is out, and it’s outstanding
- Alabama on Jonathan Taylor: “Athletics is not involved in admissions process”
- Auburn bumps out UGA for top prospect’s last visit date
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for Georgia Tech
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.