One of the state’s top 30 college football prospects who you’ve probably heard almost nothing about is back on the free-agent market three weeks away from signing day.
You probably haven’t heard a lot about Arrington Farrar, a 4-star safety from Woodward Academy, because he had been committed to Stanford since his sophomore year.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder backed off his pledge this week after struggling to get admitted to Stanford (for the record, Farrar is an exceptional student with a 3.5 GPA and 26 ACT score).
What’s next for Farrar? “I’m not ready to talk about everything yet,” Farrar told the AJC on Monday. He was obviously still processing the news about Stanford.
Some possible suitors for Farrar are Michigan, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech, along with possibly Penn State and Wisconsin. Coaches from a few of those schools are expected to stop by Woodward this week to see Farrar.
What about Georgia Tech? Farrar gets along well with Georgia Tech assistant Buzz Preston, and he has expressed interest in the past in Aeronautical Engineering. The only thing with the Yellow Jackets is that they might be tight on spots, with scholarship offers already promised to upcoming visitors.
Farrar is rated as the state’s No. 27 overall prospect and wants to go to a college that stresses academics. He is projected to play strong safety or outside linebacker at the next level.
THE LATEST RECRUITING HEADLINES
- OL gets late offer from UGA, sets up visit … then changes mind
- Top Georgia recruit back on free agency market
- California QB to visit UGA this week but …
- Nick Saban catches heat for signing ex-UGA player accused of domestic violence
- Who is state’s hottest prospect?? Easy
- Brother of UGA RB Keith Marshall to visit … Georgia Tech
SO MUCH HAPPENING … DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Senior film of WR/DB Brad Stewart is out, and it’s outstanding
- Alabama on Jonathan Taylor: “Athletics is not involved in admissions process”
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for Georgia Tech
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.