As history has repeatedly proven, if you can get a prospect on your campus, you’ve always got a chance.
UGA will have to wait for its chance with Jaylen Brown, the nation’s No. 2 overall college basketball prospect.
The 6-foot-7 forward from Wheeler High School was supposed to visit UGA for Saturday’s home game against Florida. But it has been postponed, according to Brown’s AAU coach.
“He had to change it because they (Wheeler) leave on Saturday for the Hall of Fame game on Monday on ESPN,” Desmond Eastmond told the AJC. “He was going to go to UGA on an unofficial. So they have to set up another date.”
Wheeler plays Bishop O’Dowd High School of Oakland, Calif., at 11 a.m. Monday on ESPNU as part of the Spalding HoopHall Classic in Springfield, Mass.
Brown has taken official visits to Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA and North Carolina, with him ranking the trip to the Tar Heels as a “10.” He take his final official visit to Michigan on Jan. 24.
Brown will pick another date for an unofficial visit with UGA, and he’s also working out similar plans for Georgia Tech. Both in-state schools are unofficial visits because of proximity, among other reasons.
“I haven’t heard a date for Georgia Tech but it’s the same type of thing as with UGA – they want to bring him in for a great home game,” Eastmond said.
Brown is expected to reveal his college decision at the beginning of April.
THE LATEST RECRUITING HEADLINES
- OL gets late offer from UGA, sets up visit … then changes mind
- Top Georgia recruit back on free agency market
- California QB to visit UGA this week but …
- Nick Saban catches heat for signing ex-UGA player accused of domestic violence
- Who is state’s hottest prospect?? Easy
- Brother of UGA RB Keith Marshall to visit … Georgia Tech
SO MUCH HAPPENING … DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Senior film of WR/DB Brad Stewart is out, and it’s outstanding
- Alabama on Jonathan Taylor: “Athletics is not involved in admissions process”
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for Georgia Tech
- This week’s Recruiting Scorecard for UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.