Things have really picked up for Nick Buchanan after he got a last-minute scholarship offer from UGA last week.
Shortly after UGA officially got involved, South Carolina anted up with an offer to the Dunwoody High School offensive lineman later the same night.
More could be coming. Buchanan thinks he may get an offer from Florida during a meeting with the Gators coaches on Wednesday. And Penn State could be soon after that.
For the record, Buchanan, rated as the state’s No. 206 overall prospect, is still committed to Cal.
“Cal knows about the other offers,” Buchanan told the AJC. “They’re not taking it too easy, but they said I have to do what I have to do.”
Florida assistant Mike Summers will make an in-home visit with the 6-foot-4, 280-pounder on Wednesday. The Gators are trying to set up an official visit for Jan. 30.
This weekend, Buchanan will take a recruiting trip to UGA. He agreed to the visit after Mark Richt made a personal appearance at Dunwoody last Friday to give his sales pitch.
“It was a pretty big deal at school,” Buchanan said with a laugh. “I wasn’t a UGA fan growing up, but everybody else was fired about it. They told me to tell Coach Richt hello for them, and stuff like that.”
If Florida extends an offer, Buchanan will have to decide between the Gators, South Carolina and Penn State for his final visit. Or he may go nowhere at all that weekend.
“I don’t know yet,” he said. “After I get back from UGA, I’m going to step back and look over my options. I might not want to take another visit. But I might. I don’t know. I haven’t decided yet.”
THIS JUST IN …
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
- Will UGA get visit from “state’s hottest prospect”? It’s looking better …
- Will Florida Gators be next offer for UGA OL target?
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech makes grayshirt offer to Brad Stewart; Where’s everybody else? He’s better than so many other D1 kids that have big offers
- Son of former Atlanta Falcons star … flips from UVA to Georgia Tech
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.