- RELATED: Another UGA DB commit from Miami, DeAndre Baker, took an official visit to Texas this weekend, and told UGASports.com that he will decide between the Bulldogs and Texas on signing day
One recruit that UGA may be worried about is athlete Shaq Wilson, who has been committed to the Bulldogs since last summer.
At worst, Wilson claims he is “85-percent” committed to the Bulldogs with less than two weeks from signing day.
Wilson, who is from Miami, is taking an official visit to West Virginia this weekend. He also said he got a recent from Florida, and will go see the Gators next weekend.
Where do things stand between Wilson and UGA? “95-pecent committed,” Wilson told InsideTheGator.com’s Blake Alderman.
When Wilson was asked the same question by UGASports.com’s Jake Reuse, he replied, “With Georgia, it’s about 85-percent solid.”
Wilson wants to play wide receiver in college, and he’s being recruited at that position by both West Virginia and Florida. He was initially recruited by UGA at defensive back, but said the Bulldogs recently told him he could play either side of the ball.
UGA had its fifth de-commit for 2015 last week, wide receiver Van Jefferson of Brentwood, Tenn. The Bulldogs have also flipped five kids committed to other schools in this year’s class.
BREAKING NEWS FROM THE LAST 24 HOURS …
- Ex-UGA recruit Van Jefferson admits he always wanted to go to Ole Miss & commits
- How was Georgia Tech visit for brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall?
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Ex-Wisconsin recruit … commits to UGA
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech loses 1st commit of this class … will Brad Stewart get offer?
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Should UGA be worried about six commits taking visits elsewhere?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.