UGA’s frantic search to add a couple of offensive linemen at the last minute to this year’s recruiting class had some success of Sunday.
Sam Madden, who was a longtime Wisconsin commit but recently reopened his recruitment after being told he wouldn’t be admitted for academic reasons, pledged to UGA over South Carolina on Sunday via Twitter.
Madden is a 6-foot-7, 345-pounder from Barnegat, N.J. He was offered by UGA last Tuesday, and he took an official visit with the Bulldogs this weekend.
He’s rated as a 3-star and the No. 10 overall prospect out of New Jersey. Madden was scheduled to take a recruiting trip to South Carolina next weekend.
Madden was one of two targets on the offensive line to visit UGA this weekend, with the other being Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan, who is still committed to Cal. Many predict Buchanan to flip to the Bulldogs.
UGA now has three 2015 commits on the offensive line, including Marist’s Sage Hardin, who is a 3-star who earned a camp offer last summer. He quickly accepted. The other is DeVondre Seymour of Hinds junior college. He is a somewhat of a concern because he wasn’t able to qualify academically to enroll earlier this month.
During UGA’s frantic search for last-minute additions, the Bulldogs offered scholarships within the last 10 days to at least four offensive linemen, including Creekside’s Venzell Boulware (committed to Tennessee) and Marquel Harrell (Auburn).
Harrell respectfully declined the offer because he said it was “too late.” Boulware also turned down UGA’s overtures initially, but then said he would consider a visit with the Bulldogs after he returned from this weekend’s trip to Ohio State.
UGA has 26 commits for 2016.
BREAKING NEWS FROM THE LAST 24 HOURS …
- Ex-UGA recruit Van Jefferson admits he always wanted to go to Ole Miss & commits
- How was Georgia Tech visit for brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall?
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Ex-Wisconsin recruit … commits to UGA
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech loses 1st commit of this class … will Brad Stewart get offer?
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Should UGA be worried about six commits taking visits elsewhere?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.