The brother of UGA running back Keith Marshall took an official visit to archrival Georgia Tech this weekend.
How did it go for Marcus Marshall? He’s the 3-star running back from Raleigh, N.C., who got a Tech offer last month.
“We had a good visit with Georgia Tech,” his father told the AJC on Sunday night.
“And really, that’s all I’m at liberty to talk about. We’ve got several schools that know we’re making a decision this week. And we’ve told them that we’re not going to be talking to the media. We’re just going to try to make the decision within the family.
“We want to keep it closed done until we’re done. I hope everybody understands. We don’t want to mislead anybody on anything. We don’t want to turn anybody off or send anybody the wrong message.”
Marshall’s father confirmed that his son will be announcing his college decision at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. His finalists are Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.
The younger Marshall was a late-bloomer on the recruiting circuit and nowhere near recruited as heavily as Keith, who was the nation’s No. 1-rated all-purpose running back out of the same North Carolina high school (Millbrook) in 2012.
Marcus is a 3-star and ranked as North Carolina’s No. 41 overall prospect. He’s not as big or fast as Keith, but has more than enough speed – and is a better inside runner than his famous sibling.
The 5-foot-9 senior picked up interest from major colleges after a strong senior season. Marcus rushed for 2,198 yards and 30 touchdowns, breaking Keith’s single-season records at Millbrook in those categories.
If Marcus picks Georgia Tech, the two brothers will have a chance to play against each other in college next season.
Georgia Tech had two other visitors this weekend, according to JacketsOnline’s Kelly Quinlan. They were a former Tennessee commit, defensive end Dylan Jackson of Maryville, Tenn., and Greater Atlanta Christian linebacker Tyler Cooksey, who has already pledged to the Yellow Jackets.
BREAKING NEWS FROM THE LAST 24 HOURS …
- Ex-UGA recruit Van Jefferson admits he always wanted to go to Ole Miss & commits
- How was Georgia Tech visit for brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall?
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Ex-Wisconsin recruit … commits to UGA
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech loses 1st commit of this class … will Brad Stewart get offer?
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Should UGA be worried about six commits taking visits elsewhere?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.