Georgia Tech defensive coordinator Ted Roof did an in-home visit on Monday night with one of the team’s top remaining targets.
And the visit went so well that Anree Saint-Amour committed to the Yellow Jackets.
The 3-star defensive end from North Gwinnett High School picked Georgia Tech over Michigan State and Iowa. He’s the highest-rated local prospect pledged to the Yellow Jackets in this year’s class, sitting at No. 50 overall in the state rankings, per 247sports.
“When I told Coach Roof, he was jumping up and down,” Saint-Amour told the AJC on late Monday night. “He almost knocked me down. He gave me a hug and everything. In fact, he hugged everybody in the room. He was really happy.
“Then I called Coach Pelton, the defensive line coach, and I could hear happiness in his voice. I can tell that we are going to have great times down at Georgia Tech.”
The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder visited Georgia Tech last month, and there were concerns that Saint-Armour might be slipping away to Stanford – where he took an official visit last week. After thinking about things for about a week, Saint-Armour was ready to surprise Roof with some news on Monday.
“I was ready to commit,” he said. “I felt as peace with the decision. There are so many plus-sides about Georgia Tech. It’s 30 minutes down the road, but that’s not the only reason. Having my family there throughout the college years will be great. I’ll also be surrounded by great coaches and great teammates.
“I think they have a lot of upside to what they are doing at Georgia Tech. I feel like this program is going somewhere.”
Georgia Tech now has 24 commits for this year’s class. Running back Marcus Marshall, the younger brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall, will decide between the Yellow Jackets, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.
THE LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- Younger brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall commits to … Georgia Tech
- UGA dispatches almost entire staff on Monday to see one guy … Who? Why?
- Georgia Tech’s newest commit … is its highest-rated recruit from the state
- UGA 5-star recruit is done with visits … so is he “final” with his pick of Bulldogs?
DID YOU SEE THIS? …
- Ex-UGA recruit Van Jefferson admits he always wanted to go to Ole Miss & commits
- How was Georgia Tech visit for brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall?
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Ex-Wisconsin recruit … commits to UGA
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech loses 1st commit of this class … will Brad Stewart get offer?
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Should UGA be worried about six commits taking visits elsewhere?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.