Now that UGA 5-star commit Terry Godwin is finished with taking official visits to Alabama and Auburn, has he finalized his college plans?
“I’m committed to UGA, I’m still 100-percent with UGA,” Godwin told the AJC on Monday night.
Does that means everything is over? Is that Terry’s final decision? Is he finished flirting with other schools? “Right now, I’m still committed to UGA, so who knows?” Godwin said.
When asked to clarify what he means, the wide receiver from Callaway High School said, “Yes sir, I will make my final decision on signing day.”
This past weekend, Godwin took an official visit to Alabama, which is considered to be UGA’s strongest competition. Godwin brought along his parents and younger sister. His older sister plays basketball for the Bulldogs.
“It was good visit to Alabama,” Godwin said. “The best part of the visit was going to Coach Saban’s house, and sitting down and having fun as part of a regular home visit.
“There was so much nice stuff. I would say the nicest thing is that upstairs he had a balcony. When you walked out on it, it hung over the swimming pool he had. It was such a nice view.”
What was the most memorable thing that Saban said? “Coach Saban told me that if I came there, I would have an impact on offense and special teams,’ Terry said.
What would it take from another school to get Terry to flip from UGA? “It’s just if I have a special feeling about another place,” he said. “If it’s a great place for me and my family. I want to go to a great educational place.”
Has Terry seen that “great place” on his last two visits? “I’m not sure,” he said.
Which school would have a better chance at flipping Terry? Auburn or Alabama? “Everybody is still in it,” he said.
Godwin said he’s tentatively scheduled to have an in-home visit with UGA’s Mark Richt on Thursday and Auburn’s Gus Malzahn on Saturday. He’s still working on a date with Saban.
The good news for UGA is that Godwin is also planning on returning to campus this weekend for an unofficial visit. “It’s not set in stone. If I go, it will be after we meet with Coach Malzahn on Saturday afternoon. That’s my plan. I’m going to go with Trent Thompson on his official.”
Finally, what would Godwin say to UGA fans worried about where he will sign? “I tell them, ‘Don’t be worried because I’m committed to UGA. I’m 100 percent with the Bulldogs.”
Godwin intends to sign at 6 p.m. next Wednesday.
THE LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- UGA dispatches almost entire staff on Monday to see one guy … Who? Why?
- Georgia Tech’s newest commit … is its highest-rated recruit from the state
- UGA 5-star recruit is done with visits … so is he “final” with his pick of Bulldogs?
DID YOU SEE THIS? …
- Ex-UGA recruit Van Jefferson admits he always wanted to go to Ole Miss & commits
- How was Georgia Tech visit for brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall?
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Ex-Wisconsin recruit … commits to UGA
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Georgia Tech loses 1st commit of this class … will Brad Stewart get offer?
- UGA loses one of its top recruits
- Should UGA be worried about six commits taking visits elsewhere?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.