Will one of Atlanta’s most underrated prospects sign with UGA next week?
DaQuan Hawkins is a name for UGA fans to follow over the next five days. He’s a 6-foot-4, 300-pounder from Westlake High School who could play offensive or defensive line in college.
Hawkins took an official visit to UGA last weekend, and he’s scheduled to go to Missouri on Friday. Those are his only two recruiting trips, and Hawkins claims offers from both SEC schools.
“Colleges love his size, and his agility – the way he can move for his size,” Westlake coach Bryan Love told the AJC. “He plays with good leverage, and has good lateral movement.”
How as the UGA trip? “He really enjoyed it,” Love said. “He had a chance to spend a lot quality time with the coaches when he was up there. It feels like a good fit, but he’s taking this trip to Missouri. So we will see.”
When will Hawkins make his college decision? “I don’t know if he will wait until signing day. This can be an enjoyable time, and a stressful time for his family because it’s such a big decision. He may wait until signing day. Who knows with kids these days?”
Hawkins is a 3-star and rated as the state’s No. 73 overall prospect.
Here’s a scouting report on Hawkins: “I love that kid. He’s a baller. He’s going to end up in the NFL. He’s really, really good. He has to work on his grades. He’s 6-foot-4 and 285 pounds. I love that kid. He’s a (bleeping) freak of nature. And he doesn’t even know what he’s doing on the football field yet … but he’s so explosive and strong. When this kid gets to college and learns how to play the position, he’s going to be unbelievable. If he had better grades, he’d have offers from everybody. He’s just a freak.”
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- UGA’s FLIP CHART
- Mark Richt treated like a ROCK STAR while recruiting in Middle Georgia
- What’s going on between Alabama and Montrell Custis??
- True story: UGA target plays … video games … with college coach
- Will underrated Atlanta prospect sign with UGA?
AND THERE IS MORE …
- Could Rico McGraw commit to UGA for a SECOND time? (We think so)
- What the REAL reason 5-star Preston Williams left his Auburn visit early?
- DB picks Florida over UGA for his final visit
- Younger brother of UGA’s Keith Marshall commits to … Georgia Tech
- UGA dispatches almost entire staff on Monday to see one guy … Who? Why?
- UGA 5-star recruit is done with visits … so is he “final” with his pick of Bulldogs?
SOME OF OUR MOST POPULAR RECENT BLOGS
- Van Jefferson: Dad wanted UGA, mom voted Ole Miss. Mom won
- There’s 1 more OL spot open at UGA … will Dunwoody’s Nick Buchanan take it?
- UGA’s lone RB recruit is “70 to 80” percent committed after Okla. St. visit
- UGA DB recruit is at least “85-percent committed” to Bulldogs & visiting Texas
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.