What a strong finish for Georgia Tech with this year’s recruiting efforts.
The Yellow Jackets flipped one of UCLA’s recruits on the final weekend before signing day, per JacketsOnline.
Victor Alexander, a 3-star linebacker from Jacksonville, Fla., is on an official visit with Tech this weekend.
Alexander hasn’t talked to the media yet. but a member of his family taped the reaction around Alexander after he committed and posted it on Facebook.
You can see Tech recruiting coordinator Andy McCollum walking out with Alexander, who is then hugged by other Tech coaches and players.
It’s a pretty awesome insider’s view of the recruiting world.
Alexander is Tech’s third flip of this year’s class, following Buford safety David Curry (UVA) and running back Quaide Weimerskirch of Pace, Fla. (Louiana-Lafayette). The Yellow Jackets also lost Brandon Singleton to Cal.
Georgia Tech now has 26 commitments for 2015, and the Jackets are still trying to find spot for wide receiver Brad Stewart of Savannah. He is also on an official visit with the Jackets.
RECRUITING NEWS FROM THE LAST 24 HOURS …
- How badly does Gus Malzahn want to flip a UGA 5-star commit? Wow
- This was the BEST news for UGA this weekend
- Update on Darius Slayton, another UGA vs. Auburn battle
- Will DB get UGA “dream offer” after visit with Bulldogs”
- LB flips from UCLA to … Georgia Tech
- Has UGA’s new OC made the splash you expected in recruiting?
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- UGA’s FLIP CHART
- Mark Richt treated like a ROCK STAR while recruiting in Middle Georgia
- True story: UGA target plays … video games … with college coach
- Will underrated Atlanta prospect sign with UGA?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.