Chris Carson, UGA’s lone commit at running back for this year’s class, told the AJC on Sunday evening that he’s sticking with the Bulldogs.
“I chose UGA,” Carson said in a text message, “(and) I’ll be available to talk later on.”
It was a big recruiting win for UGA. Carson, who attended Parkview High School before Butler junior college, heavily considered flipping to Oklahoma State and took a week to reach his final decision.
Oklahoma State was all over Carson in the last few few weeks, and he liked enough from what he heard to take an official visit there last weekend. It went well, with Carson saying he was “70 to 80” percent committed to UGA and would decide between the two schools by Friday.
If that wasn’t unsettling enough, Carson added more suspense by avoiding calls from the media past Friday and through most of the weekend. That was surprising because Carson is one of the most media-friendly recruits out there, and usually responds quickly to interview requests.
A flip by Carson to Oklahoma State would’ve hurt UGA because the Bulldogs this year struggled with finding a running back out of high school because of depth (Nick Chubb, Sony Michel and Keith Marshall). UGA settled on Carson last summer, and he’s two years out of high school, giving the Bulldogs the chance to sign an elite one of high school to join 5-star quarterback Jacob Eason and 5-star offensive lineman Ben Cleveland next year.
RECRUITING NEWS FROM THE LAST 24 HOURS …
- How badly does Gus Malzahn want to flip a UGA 5-star commit? Wow
- This was the BEST news for UGA this weekend
- Update on Darius Slayton, another UGA vs. Auburn battle
- Will DB get UGA “dream offer” after visit with Bulldogs”
- LB flips from UCLA to … Georgia Tech
- Has UGA’s new OC made the splash you expected in recruiting?
LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
- UGA’s FLIP CHART
- Mark Richt treated like a ROCK STAR while recruiting in Middle Georgia
- True story: UGA target plays … video games … with college coach
- Will underrated Atlanta prospect sign with UGA?
- Roquan Smith’s coach has some good things to say about UGA
TO GET THE BIG PICTURE
- Missed anything over the last few days? CLICK HERE for a shortcut
- UGA’s Big Board for 2015
- Georgia Tech’s Big Board for 2015
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.