Jacob Eason, the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for next year, made his first visit to UGA since last summer.
And the 5-star quarterback from the state of Washington was greeted by an all-star cast of 2016 recruits.
Here’s the roll call from left to right (Photo by Mecole Hardman aka @iIam_Mesho on Twitter)
- Michail Carter, DT, Jackson: He’s rated as the state’s No. 15 overall prospect, and projected 100% to pick UGA, per the 247sports.com Crystal Ball predictions.
- Antwuan Jackson, DT, Cedar Grove (wearing glasses): It would be a surprise if the state’s No. 6 prospect did not follow his brother’s footsteps to South Carolina, but UGA may be gaining ground.
- Jacob Eason, QB, Lake Stevens, Wash.: You’re a pretty big deal if you can attract the crowd of recruits like Eason did on a Tuesday.
- Ben Cleveland, OL, Stephens County (beard): The 5-star committed on same night last summer as Eason, and Cleveland could start right away at offensive guard.
- Mecole Hardman, ATH, Elbert: He’s like a bigger version of J.J. Green and could play several different positions in college. It may be a UGA vs. Tennessee battle for Hardman.
- Jaleel Laguins, LB, Oconee County (neon yellow shirt): UGA is the landslide favorite for the linebacker from the Athens area unless he simply wants to get away from home.
- Tyrique McGhee, DB, Peach County: He committed to UGA last February.
- Jordan Smith, DE, Lithonia (ear phones): Clemson appears to be the heavy frontrunner for the 6-foot-6 junior with a high ceiling of potential.
- Chad Clay, DB, Peachtree Ridge: UGA, Florida and Ohio State are the favorites for the son of former Georgia Tech standout Willie “Big Play” Clay