Dedrick Mills turned down scholarship offers from Florida State, Auburn and South Carolina to stay closer to home and play for Georgia Tech.
The Ware County High School running back committed to Tech over FSU in May.
“I don’t have any other plans on visiting those schools again other than Georgia Tech,” Mills told the AJC. “That’s the only school I want to visit.”
The last time he visited Georgia Tech’s campus was May 27th, which was the day he committed.
The Yellow Jackets coaching staff is expecting him to be the team’s next B-back.
Here are five things you need to know about Mills:
1) When’s the next time he’s visiting Georgia Tech? “I’ll probably be up there sometime in the next couple of months. I’ll probably be going with my uncle or mom, but they aren’t big fans of traveling on the road. They would rather stay home.”
2) What’s he looking forward to when he does make that visit? “I want to hang out with a couple of the players and see from their point of view on how it was when they first got there. I really have all of the information about the school already and I’ve done a lot of research on the school. I basically have everything I need right now.
3) What does his family think of his decision? “My parents really liked the academics of the school. You’re going to need something other than football when you’re done with the game. I kind of looked at it like I’m going to get a great education there and that’s how my family looked at it, too.”
4) Will Georgia Tech beat UGA again this season? “I know they can beat Georgia again. Georgia is the enemy to me now, so they better beat Georgia this year. They really don’t have a choice. I’m a confident person. This is my last year in high school and my team and I have to go all out. We’re going to make it to the championship and we are going to win the championship. That’s just how I think.”
5) What are his predictions for the upcoming season? “Honestly, I hope they make it to the championship game this season. I hope they have a better season than they did last season. They only lost two games in the regular season, but I hope they do better than that. I hope they go undefeated.”
Follow Chris on Twitter @ChrisK_AJC to stay up-to-date with the latest in recruiting.