Jakob Brashear is a two-way standout from Dacula High School who committed to Georgia Tech last March.
Brashear, who is rated as a 2-star recruit, rushed for 535 yards and nine touchdowns on only 82 carries at running back for Dacula this past season. He also registered 74 total tackles with six tackles for losses and six sacks at linebacker, the position he is projected to play at Tech.
Here are five things you need to know about Brashear:
1) Summer vacation: Brashear is on a six-day trip to Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. with his family over the July 4 holidays.
2) Recruiting: The coaching staff asks for his opinion on which players Tech should pursue. “I keep in contact all of the time with (defensive coordinator Ted) Roof. We talk a lot about players we are targeting to try to get them to commit. We talked about (Collins Hill DE) Tomon Fox recently, but he just committed to UNC.”
3) When was the last time he visited Tech? “I visited for the spring game. This time going to Georgia Tech as a commit was really cool. I’ll definitely be up there again for some games this upcoming season. If there’s an open date this summer, I’ll try to make it up there.”
4) Does he think Tech will beat UGA again? “Of course. I have a lot of faith in them. We have a lot of the same players this season, so I think we can do it again.”
5) His family is pumped about Tech. “They love it. When we brought my mom there, she loved it. She likes all of the coaches. She thinks they are all great people. She likes the campus and she likes that it’s so close to home, of course.